- Outline the savings that the AusPen has to offer. At a per-marker cost of between 20 to 28 cents compared to 75 cents or more, using AusPen markers is about 70% cheaper than using disposable markers. Cha-ching.
- Tell the administrators that the parents will love them! By using a non-toxic product, you will be removing the harmful chemical xylene from the air the students breathe. Parents love that (and staff will as well).
- Paint the picture of a product that does not have to be continually re-ordered. One AusPen kit is the equivalent of 246 disposable markers. That’s staying power!
- Think of the bragging rights. Schools that significantly reduce their waste and make efforts to go green add value to their environmental education programs and earn respect from their community.
- Tell the administrators that the teachers will view the switch to a non-toxic marker as an act of respect for their work and concern for the quality of their workspace environment.
5 Tips for Turning Administrators into AusPen Advocates
You’re gung-ho about using the eco-friendly AusPen dry-erase markers at your school, but the administrators who hold the purse strings are a little blasé. Here are 5 tips for turning even the most indifferent administrators into AusPen fans.